And here it is- part 2 of my ACM Vegas Adventure. While the first couple of days were solely devoted to back-to-back interviews in the studio suite, the real fun came on the day of the ACM awards. My friend and I tagged along with Blackberry Smoke, a group of hairy rockers (with hearts of gold) who so graciously brought us along to the ACM Fan Jam (where Scotty McCreery was awarded New Artist of the Year) and the All Star Jam where we hung out back stage with everyone from Dierks Bentley to Nicole Kidman. It was such a crazy, surreal and exciting experience– one I’ll never forget.
At the end of the night though, nothing felt better than to kick off my heels and sink into my bed for a full night’s sleep. We stayed at the Hard Rock hotel and casino. It’s just as outrageous as you would expect a Vegas hotel to be but is also filled to the brim with music history, which seemed fitting for that particular weekend. Here are a couple of takeaways from my ACM adventure:
– Add to your playlist: Kip Moore (Mary was the Marrying Kind; Hey Pretty Girl) | Laura Bell Bundy (Giddy on Up; That’s What Angel’s Do) | Hunter Hayes (Wanted) | Blackberry Smoke (Good One Comin’ On; Up In Smoke)
– Vegas show not worth the money: Peepshow.
– Nicole Kidman looks like a porcelain doll in person.
– Guys with long locks love discussing hair-care with women.
– Fake eyelashes go with every outfit.
– One cannot deny the beauty of an all-day breakfast menu. (We got ours here)