When spring break rolls around, the tendency is to go all-out and plan a big (and often pricey) trip. My friends and I were no exception and started daydreaming about destination possibilities months ago. However, by the time the breaking of spring rolled around, we had quite a different plan than we initially imagined.
We opted for a staycation in Fort Worth. Since I don’t technically get a spring break and the drive was only about 40 minutes from Dallas, “Cowtown” ended up being the perfect weekend getaway. With the money we saved on a flight and Priceline-ing a great hotel, we were able to splurge on other things that made the trip extra special.
Here are a few highlights from my Fort Worth staycation:
– Complimentary dessert sent to our room from my friend’s Dad in Chicago (thanks, Steve!)
– St. Patty’s Day celebration in Sundance Square here
– A day at the Botanical Gardens complete with photo shoot
– Indulgent lunch and dessert at Reata
– Safari animals at the Fort Worth Zoo
– Sex and the City-style Cosmopolitans at underground jazz lounge, Scat
– Seeing Boeing, Boeing at the Circle Theater
– Watching these guys at the Fort Worth Stockyards
– Authentic Tex-mex at Joe T Garcia’s
– Josh Turner headlining for my first time at the world’s largest honky tonk